amd64/126619: sysinstall - deletion of routes when reinitializing media not correct

Garrett Cooper gcooper at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 18 06:20:01 UTC 2008

>Number:         126619
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       sysinstall - deletion of routes when reinitializing media not correct
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Something that has annoyed me for a while. If I try and install something, the connection drops, then I try and reinitialize the media, sysinstall attempts to delete the default route, fails because one doesn't exist, and (what I assume) is recreate the "default" route with the same network settings as before, only to munge up networking to the point where one needs to reboot the machine to reinstall...

Is there any way where IF the interface is up it can just be reset IFF the settings are changed?
>How-To-Repeat:
1. Get a CURRENT snapshot CD.
2. Try to install from FTP.
3. Download will fail; try to reinit media.