amd64/122624: unusable mininal installation of FreeBSD-7.0

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 10 19:13:54 UTC 2008

On Thursday 10 April 2008 02:44:11 pm Fernan Aguero wrote:
> > ld-elf.so.1 doesn't use anything from /usr/src.  The specific assert that
is
> > failing is this:
> >
> >         assert(ELF_R_TYPE(rela->r_info) == R_X86_64_JMP_SLOT);
> >
> > in reloc_plt() in src/libexec/rtld-elf/amd64/reloc.c.
>
> I wrote down that error on paper and typed it in the email
> ... but I'm sure it said /usr/src ... that's why I decided
> to set my /etc/fstab to mount freebsd-7.0 sources from another FreeBSD
> box and symlink /usr/src.

That's because the assert() macro puts the full filename of the current file
into the binary when it is compiled for the error message.  The binary is not
trying to read anything from /usr/src itse.f

> > I wonder if you somehow have 32-bit binaries instead of 64-bit?
> >
> > --
> > John Baldwin
>
> I wonder the same thing because after doing that, even
> though make was now OK (I was able to cd
> /usr/ports/sysutils/screen && make install), other commands
> failed (vi, Exec format error. Binary file not executable).

It certainly sounds like you have mixed and matched some things.  Maybe just
do a minimal install but include the 'lib32' dist for 32-bit binary compat?
minimal probably doesn't include it (but vi also should be a 64-bit binary,
try using 'file' rather than brandelf to see what file thinks vi is).

--
John Baldwin