Adaptec arcconf on 64bit system?

Thomas Vogt freebsdlists at bsdunix.ch
Thu Oct 4 01:28:13 PDT 2007

Hello

I have several machines with adaptec scsi raid controllers. On FreeBSD
32bit system I can use adaptecs arcconf binary to get raid status
information (tested with RELEASE 6.2, latest 6-stable snapshot iso and
7.0).

On a amd64 6.2 release, 6-stable snapshot or 7-current snapshot it core
dumps. /lib32 is installed and misc/compat5x too. compat5x is need by
this binary even on a 32bit system.

Simply running ./arcconf works fine even on a 64bit system but if you
try to access the controller like ./arcconf GETSTATUS 1 it core dumps.

The binary can be downloaded from:
http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/raid/storage_manager/arcconf_freebsd_5_6_x86_b16806_tar_gz.htm

Maybe someone knows some hacks or tricks to make this binary work on a
64bit system.

I tried the official linux 64bit binary too but this binary can't find
any controller.
cat /compat/linux/sys/class/scsi_host/host*/proc_name
(null)
It this case it

Regards,
Thomas