Support of ISDN Subsystem under Freebsd 6.x/7.x - amd64

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Fri Nov 30 01:03:58 PST 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Jung-uk Kim wrote:

Hi,

> On Thursday 29 November 2007 11:30 am, Sascha Valckenier Kips wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i will build a new System with Intel Q6600 Quad CPU and more than 4
>> GB RAM. I need a ISDN-Card into this System. Currently i have a AVM
>> Fritz!Card V1 PCI.
>>
>> On the Hardware Notes of FreeBSD 6.2/amd64 are no ISDN-Interfaces.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-isdn.html
>
> I haven't seen it myself but your card is listed in there.
>
>> Have anybody a amd64 System with ISDN ?
>> Possible a Intel dual core or quad core ?
>
> Unfortunately i4b doesn't seem to support amd64.  Why don't you try
> FreeBSD/i386 instead?

You will need either:

- i386/RELENG_6

or:

- i386 + C4B

or:

- amd64 + C4B + a bit of unsupported patches i can give you

or:

- Talk to hps if his i4b stack supports amd64

For 7.0 ISDN support is very limited because it lacks locking.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.