panic: no BIOS SMAP info from loader

Bob Johnson fbsdlists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:07:37 PDT 2007

This is a known problem with amd64 on HP systems. See for instance
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=111952 and

I hope it is fixed before 7.0 is released. It would be even better if
it were fixed soon enough to test 7.0 amd64 on HP systems before the
release.

In my case, on an HP dc7700, i386 works, amd64 (200708 snapshot) gets
the missing smap panic. I haven't tried 7.0-BETA AMD64 yet, but it
sounds like I don't need to bother.

- Bob