amd64/89550: spin-lock panics continue (crash trace)

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Sat May 26 15:50:23 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR amd64/89550; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, awallac3 at uiuc.edu, jhb at freebsd.org,
        stable at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/89550: spin-lock panics continue (crash trace)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 11:30:51 -0400

 The patch in the PR allows our two Symbios 875 boards to work with
 FreeBSD-6.2-recent.

 However, the machine continues to suffer from the "spin lock held to long"
 panics every few days. Usually, there is a double-panic, which prevents crash
 dump from occuring. But this morning it succeeded.

 The full trace is available at

 	http://aldan.algebra.com/~mi/bonkers-crash-4.txt

 The panic is from kern_mutex.c. The value of the delay-counting i is, no
 surprise, exactly 60000000.

 I'm not sure, if it is the sym-enabling patch, that causes the problem, or
 something else. Either way, it would be very useful for an expert to look at
 it -- and commit the (possibly modified) patch too.

 	-mi