amd64/100347: No hardware support Silicon Image SiI 3132

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon May 21 15:18:13 UTC 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007, Mark Linimon wrote:
> Synopsis: No hardware support Silicon Image SiI 3132
> See kern/104818.

For both of them (PR's as well as the 3132 and the 3124), support is
in -CURRENT; I have been running my own MFC'ed version locally for a few
months on 6-STABLE on a Sun X4200 (3124) and with a 3132 on 6-STABLE x86 on
an Asus board -- but I don't have any experience with the onboard versions.

Soren is working on SATA stuff and the stuff I have up-and-running is just
the "get it working" stage of his code -- no NCQ, no PMs, although you *do*
get whatever normal nominal throughput these SATA controllers give you. About
80MB/s with the PCI-X 3124 and a 4-disk GEOM mirror / stripe setup, for
instance.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot