Ver 6.2 amd64 failing X-config

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Mar 12 22:45:31 UTC 2007

Hello,

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:41:13 +0000
SEan Strand <seanjstrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi-Ho,
>
> Can any please tell me why the amd64  version will not configure
> X-windows, while the i386 will on the same HP Pavilion t3345.uk
> platform?

Maybe we could, if you would be kind enough to share more information
with us, in order for anyone to understand the problem.
You know "it doesn't work" might be an accurate description, but it is
not very detailed, and in this situation it doesn't help.
You could start by telling which commands you tried, what error
messages you got, and so on.

Examples:
- if there is a difference in dmesg output from the i386 version to the
amd64 version, that might be of interest
- contents / differnce in Xorg.*.log files might be interesting

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,