amd64/111952: Boot panic due to missing BIOS smap on install cds (HP dc5750 SFF)

eamon roque eamon.roque at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 14:00:13 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR amd64/111952; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "eamon roque" <eamon.roque at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/111952: Boot panic due to missing BIOS smap on install cds (HP dc5750 SFF)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:28:47 +0200

 ------=_Part_139631_2716700.1182605327745

 Hi,

 I've tried applying this hint (disabling apic) and defining the maxmem from
 the bootload prompt, but unfortunately, it doesn't boot up at all. The
 kernel still panics as described originally.

 Ralf: Are you actually running some sort of FreeBSD on the box already? We
 seem to have similar boxes with the same BIOS revision...

 ------=_Part_139631_2716700.1182605327745

 Hi,<br><br>I&#39;ve tried applying this hint (disabling apic) and defining the maxmem from the bootload prompt, but
 unfortunately, it doesn&#39;t boot up at all. The kernel still panics as
 described originally.<br>
 Ralf: Are you actually running some sort of FreeBSD on the box already? We seem to have similar boxes with the same BIOS revision...<br>

 ------=_Part_139631_2716700.1182605327745--