amd64/106918: Asus P5B with internal RealTek PCIe Ethernet

Guy F. Boyd gfb at vta.com
Sun Jan 21 03:20:18 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR amd64/106918; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Guy F. Boyd" <gfb at vta.com>
To: <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>, <ighor at ighor.ru>
Subject: Re: amd64/106918: Asus P5B with internal RealTek PCIe Ethernet
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 22:06:46 -0500

 Hello!

 I just experienced something very similar with an Asus P5B/intel with an
 on-board Realtek PCIe Ethernet, with telnet(1) and ftp(1) on

 FreeBSD bullwinkle 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #1: Mon Jan 15 16:36:51
 EST 2007     root at bullwinkle:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

 for me, the symptoms disappeared by removing -rxcsum and -txcsum from the
 interface. Maybe this is a work-around.

 For reference, comparison was against a 3com 3c905tx PCI (xl0) in the same
 machine, configured identically ( same IP number, same local network ) on an
 alternate boot. The remote system in both cases was an ancient RELENG-3 testbed.
 Note that connecting to remote RELENG-6 systems did not exhibit the problem
 hangs with rxcsum/txcsum enabled. All test traffic traversed a RELENG-6
 natd/ipfw gateway. No connections to hosts on the same LAN showed hung behavior
 ( but there are no pre-RELENG-6 boxes to test against on the local LAN at the
 moment ).

 Hope this helps.

 <gfb at vta.com>