FreeBSD-amd64-Release 6.2 config a USB Mouse

Bruce Burden brucegb at realtime.net
Wed Feb 28 03:58:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 03:56:58PM +0000, SEan Strand wrote:
> FreeBSD-amd64-Release 6.2 How do I configure a USB Mouse?
>
> Have read lots; have toyed with:
> cd /dev
> ./MAKEDEV mse  - command not found

	MAKEDEV was last used in the 4.x days, I believe. You
   will need:

device	usb
device	ums

   in the kernel, which should be there, unless you have done
   something to specifically remove them.

	Now, to use them with X, that is a bit more work, and
   somewhat dependent on what you have. Fortunately, some googling
   with usb mouse and X should get you the info you need.

							Bruce