amd64/109584: zdump doesn't work

Daniel Crandall dcrandall at simplestar.com
Tue Feb 27 19:20:09 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR amd64/109584; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Crandall <dcrandall at simplestar.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, dcrandall at simplestar.com
Subject: Re: amd64/109584: zdump doesn't work
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:28:17 -0800

 Additionally, it appears that the time zone files become damaged on the
 amd64 machines.  I copied a good localtime file from a machine on which
 zdump works properly to the amd64 machine.  Tried to zdump it on the
 amd64 box and got the behavior described in this bug.

 But then I copied the same file back to a the machine it came from where
 it was known to be good.  Tried to zdump it and it shows the same
 corruption as on the amd64 box.