USB fails to attach in the SMP version of GENERIC with Nforce 590

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 20 21:12:57 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 13:42, Thomas Sparrevohn wrote:
> Yes - I am always normally running CURRENT - It was when I couldn't get USB
> to work
> I tried with the 6.2 Image I had installed from and was surprised to
> discover it worked
> Under 6.2 - but then I discovered that SMP wasn't enabled

So what I see from your e-mail is that a 6.2 UP kernel works fine (but
no SMP), and a 7.0 SMP kernel breaks, but you want SMP.  Have you
tried a 6.2 SMP kernel?  I imagine that is going to work fine.

You have way too many variables here.  The USB breakage could be due
to SMP vs UP (I doubt it) or due to 6.2 vs 7.0 (more likely).

--
John Baldwin