Random reboots

Jordi Espasa Clofent jordi.espasa at opengea.org
Mon Dec 17 11:27:29 PST 2007

> What Version of FreeBSD are you running on this systems?

6.2p[5-8]

> I once had a very busy file server which was running FreeBSD 6.0 and
> showed similar effects, eg. random crashes every 2 - 3 weeks. After some
> months I discovered that it happens when one of the backups was running.
> Other less busy servers run just fine with FreeBSD 6.0.
>
> After upgrading to FreeBSD 6.1 everthing was running stable again.

It's not my case.

Currently I focused in the fact that the chipset driver is nfe(4) which
will be included in closer 7 branch, but I use nowadays. Especially I'm
working in the relation between the NICs (controlled by em driver) and
the IRQs.

Moreover I'm also planning to recompile the kernel with kgdb support and
get a coredump for accurate analysis.

--
Thanks,
Jordi Espasa Clofent