TYAN Tempest I5000VS (S5372)

Lars Mainka me at lmnk.de
Thu Sep 21 02:59:54 PDT 2006

Hello!

I'm playing around with the new TYAN Tempest I5000VS, two Intel Xeon 3.00 GHz Dual Core processors
and FreeBSD6.1/amd64 Release - p7.

When ACPI is enabled in BIOS, the system will not boot. With disabled ACPI, there will be only one
cpu and an interrupt storm detected on IRQ11 (without any hint on which device), but the system
boots completly.

Some lines from dmesg:

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz (2992.52-MHz K8-class CPU)
   Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf64  Stepping = 4

Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR
   Features2=0xe4bd<SSE3,RSVD2,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,EST,CNTX-ID,CX16,<b14>,<b15>>
   AMD Features=0x20100800<SYSCALL,NX,LM>
   AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
   Cores per package: 2
   Logical CPUs per core: 2

acd0: Medium: no/blank disc
Interrupt storm detected on "irq11:"; throttling interrupt source
ata2-master: pio=PIO4 wdma=WDMA2 udma=UDMA133 cable=40 wire

Can anyone help me, to make the other cpu detected, or does anyone know, if or when this chipset
will be supported? Any suggestions wellcome!

Thanx!

Lars

--
When God needs a new secure certificate, he uses Bruce Schneier as the signing authority.