keyboard LEDs CAPS and NUM problem

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de
Fri Sep 15 15:26:01 PDT 2006

ian j hart wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 September 2006 20:10, Zhu Sha Zang wrote:
>
>> Gobbledegeek wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>   My 6.1 has a keyboard driver problem - CAPS and NUM LEDs only
>>> display if I press them alternately twice or thrice in a row. They do
>>> not work otherwise... is this a known issue?
>>>
>> Hey, i have this problem too. But think this is problem on my keyboard.
>> SUCH A PITY!!!!
>>

> Google doesn't find this...
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200604262032.50049.ianjhart
>
> ...but this is easily found
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/101931

The problem is still in 6.2-PRE on AMD64 boxes. sometimes, sporadically,
the LEDs work, but then they get stuck. I tried several keyboards - also
a good old IBM one - always the same.
And, much more bad, the CAPS LOCK key doesn't work either. Keyboard is a
core/basic functionality, and it seems not working properly anymore in
6.X ...

oh