GCC 4.1/gfortran 4.1 on FreeBSD 6/AMD64?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Thu Sep 7 21:05:34 PDT 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 20:43:13 +0200 (CEST), Gerald Pfeifer
<gerald at pfeifer.com> wrote:

> Steve, et al,
>
> the latest snapshot of GCC 4.1 fails to build on FreeBSD 6/AMD64,
> according to reports from the FreeBSD ports build cluster:
>
>   http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=lang&portname=gcc41
>   http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=lang&portname=gfortran
>
> Has any of you seen similar problems?
>
> Would you mind trying to reproduce this by build the lang/gcc41 or
> lang/gfortran ports and let me know the result?
>
> (If that fails, I'd be most interested to see whether this also
> reproduces with the current subversion status of the GCC 4.1 branch.)
>
> Thanks!
> Gerald

I've had no particular problems building either gcc 4.1 or 4.2, except
that the gcj compiler bombs with an error message about a missing
"spec" file (I have no idea what such a file is supposed to contain).

A pity, really, I use Java quite a bit here, and gcj would be an
ultra-cool thing to have.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"