NFS lockup when copying a "special" file

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Mon Sep 4 11:12:49 PDT 2006

Oliver Fromme wrote:

> This doesn't seem to be amd64-specific, so I copy freebsd-fs.
>
> David O'Brien <obrien at freebsd.org> wrote:
>  > On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:14:34PM +0200, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
>  > > nfs server www:/mnt/space/www: not responding
>  > > nfs server www:/mnt/space/www: not responding
>  > > nfs server www:/mnt/space/www: not responding

and again it hit me two times today where I was forced to reboot my
client... this all makes me feel kinda sad - Is there anything which can
be done to help fixing this? I nearly lost a really really important pdf
which was generated online and my browser became stuck on showing me the
"save as" dialog... (I just waited a very long long time until it showed
up - looks like from time to time some data can pass through)

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/