Interrupt storm on ASUS M2N-E

Frank Reppin frank at undermydesk.org
Thu Aug 31 23:37:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

Angelo Turetta wrote:
> Frank Reppin wrote:
[...]
>> Not sure if it even matters - or if it even might have sight effects on
>> your current setup which might led to your issue at all - this board
>> (according to ASUS' forums  and other forums) will/should run stable if
>> the desired RAM voltage is <= 1.95V - there are several posts where
>> people complain that it runs quite unstable/quirky with higher voltage
>> ram (2.0V/2.1V and such from wellknown vendors).
>
> Nice to know. Just: how the heck I tell what voltage is running my
> DDR533? :-)

The vendors usually offer those detailed specs on their homepage.

>> I've upped some stats about this board as well:
>>
>>   https://www.undermydesk.org/pub/freebsd/asus_m2ne_specs/
>
> On this list it would have been more useful a set of output files from
> FreeBSD, these are from RedHat :)
>
> Could you please post the result of 'vmstat -i' from -CURRENT ?

Uhm - yeah - and my apologies :>
Just noticed that I suffer from that severe interrupt storm as well
(went unnoticed - probably because this new comp is multiple times
faster than my previous box :p):

[root at minax]/root: uname -a;vmstat -i
FreeBSD minax.undermydesk.org 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Sat
Aug 19 21:41:22 CEST 2006
frank at minax.undermydesk.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/THERION  amd64
interrupt                          total       rate
irq1: atkbd0                        3261          2
irq14: ata0                          114          0
irq17: xl0                         13602         12
irq21: ohci0+                      10910          9
irq22: ehci0                           1          0
irq23: atapci1                 242237559     218625  <= Arrr!
cpu0: timer                      2214521       1998
cpu1: timer                      2214030       1998
Total                          246693998     222648

HTH,

Frank Reppin

- --

43rd Law of Computing:
        Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped