amd64/104125: libglade fails to build, breaks gimp build and others.

M de Wit mcawdewit at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 11:30:56 PDT 2006

>Number:         104125
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       libglade fails to build, breaks gimp build and others.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I got this error when trying to build gimp, or even libglade for that matter.

---

glade/.libs/libglade-2.0.so: undefined reference to `g_object_ref_sink'
gmake[2]: *** [test-libglade] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/libglade2/work/libglade-2.6.0'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/libglade2/work/libglade-2.6.0'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

---

When one has a rather clean system (e.g. not many software installed) and want to try build gimp, this build breaks on the dependency of libglade. This is because libglade depends on the package libxml2, which is not build, or not included the dependency list of libglade.

>How-To-Repeat:
Build libglade. If you don;t have libxml2 installed the build breaks.
>Fix:
Install libxml2 first.