Supermicro H8DA8

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 30 03:41:33 PST 2006

Pete French wrote:
>> there are some rumours out that this board does not boot with SCSI onboard
>> and SMP. I am getting some with 265 dual-core opterons and I am curious if
>> some has it running correctly
>
> Not a rumour - take a look here:

> Thats my board, but the other reported board was the H8DA8-O
>
> -pete.

I just read your PR and was wondering, because I had similar problems
long time ago with FreeBSD 4.X (maybe 3 to 8). That time it was a TYAN
Thunder mainboard with a ServerWorks 3 chipset, dual PIII and an
additiona LSI Enterprise 1600 RAID controller (also LSI SCSI onboard).
Anyhow, with some help from this list I got the box running, changing
the NICs from one to another PCI slot and changing IRQs affiliations in
BIOS.

Regards,
Oliver