FreeBSD nfe driver for NVIDIA nForce network adapter

O. Hartmann ohartman at uni-mainz.de
Mon May 29 01:51:27 PDT 2006

Mathieu Prevot wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 02:15:09AM +0900, Shigeaki Tagashira wrote:
>> Mathieu Prevot wrote:

>>> Yes, it simply doesn't detect the device.
>> Are MS-Windows installed on the machine?
>> If so, how is the driver on MS-Windows?
>
> I installed recently NT5.0, and the network device is still not seen by the
> DG834Gv2.
> On recent RELENG_6, the if_nfe stopped to work, it worked fine with RELEASE_6_1
> and RELENG_6 few days later. I have link up and down alternates and watchdog
> timeouts...
>
> Regards,
> Mathieu

I also see those alternating device UP and DOWN. My box is running
FreeBSD 6.1-STABEL as cvsupdated 25th May last time, based on ASUS
A8N32-SLI Deluxe.
I do not see those UP and DOWNs on a regulare basis, they seem to occur
spradicaly. The box is UP (Athlon64 3500+ without SSE3), SCHED_ULE and
PREEMPTION eneabled in the kernel config.

oh