amd64/95056: Nvidia Nforce ETH Driver -> Timeout Errors

Peter Johansson linuxmad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:30:21 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR amd64/95056; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Peter Johansson" <linuxmad at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, linuxmad at gmail.com
Subject: Re: amd64/95056: Nvidia Nforce ETH Driver -> Timeout Errors
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:14:04 +0200

 ------=_Part_6159_8528242.1143666844396

 Btw one solution would be if we could totaly port the Linux 2.6.x forcedeth
 nforce driver to FreeBSD
 Which would give us more freedom to hack the code, due we wont use the
 nvidia closed source API.
 Also that the Linux forcedeth drivers worked wonderful with my chipset and
 also with many of my friends.
 So this maybe could be the best solution.
 But as i said before i have no C/C++ programming experience, which means
 that i cant do this.
 And when i cant do this i guess that the intress in porting it would be ver=
 low.
 But if we see it from this point it wont only help me. It will help all
 other people using a nforce chipset.

 Regards
 Pete

 ------=_Part_6159_8528242.1143666844396

 Btw one solution would be if we could totaly port the Linux 2.6.x forcedeth=
  nforce driver to FreeBSD<br>
 Which would give us more freedom to hack the code, due we wont use the nvid=
 ia closed source API.<br>
 Also that the Linux forcedeth drivers worked wonderful with my chipset and =
 also with many of my friends.<br>
 So this maybe could be the best solution.<br>
 But as i said before i have no C/C++ programming experience, which means th=
 at i cant do this.<br>
 And when i cant do this i guess that the intress in porting it would be ver=
 y low.<br>
 But if we see it from this point it wont only help me. It will help all oth=
 er people using a nforce chipset.<br>
 Regards<br>
 Pete<br>

 ------=_Part_6159_8528242.1143666844396--