FreeBSD 6.x SMP amd64 hang on dual Xeon after "shutdown -r

Devon H. O'Dell dodell at iXsystems.com
Mon Mar 27 23:08:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've implemented a fix for this utilizing ACPI reboots. Please
apply kern/94939 and tell me if shutdown(8) with -r or
reboot(8) works for you. My suspicion is that it will.

Also, you may be interested in kern/94822, as FreeBSD won't
hang on start-up attaching atkbd(4). If you're working on
Intel SBX82 blades, specifically, kern/94833 and bin/94815 may
also be interesting to you.

Please leave me cc'ed to this thread as I don't subscribe to
this list.

Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell