amd64 webpage, 12GB memory? 64-bit or not? SMP or not?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Mar 18 18:41:35 UTC 2006

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Astrodog wrote:

> If you don't know if your system has 2 physical cores or not, though,
> frankly, you have no business administrating it.

Please tell me how.

Imagine you are givin remote login access to an unknown machine. What
would you do to find out?

Is there any software tool in the default installation of FreeBSD
6.0-RELEASE for i386 that will tell you?

> Well, that, and dmesg, and the bios will tell you.

Please teach me. That was the whole point of my email.

How do you know without physical access (and hopefully without rebooting)?

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8 at I;C5?@H5B0D at 5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'