nvnet on MSI K8NGM2 motherboard & FreeBSD

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Mar 13 20:49:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:00:57 -0400
Ken Easson <apple at justken.net> wrote:

> I've recently purchased a new AMD64 bases system with an all in one
> motherboard. K8NGM2 on board is the nVidia 10/100 MCP51 ethernet
> controller.
> running freebsd 6.0-RELEASE-p5 the system doesn't detect the ethernet
> card. When i boot using acip the system reboots, so i'm booting

FWIW, I used this patch on 6.0-RELEASE to get nve ethernet working:
http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/nve-20051211-01.diff

after that I cvsup'en to -stable and rebuilt world, and nve has been
working since.
 I get theses messages occasionally, but they don't seem to indicate
any real trouble:
Mar 12 17:22:52 kg-fil kernel: nve0: device timeout (1)
Mar 12 17:22:52 kg-fil kernel: nve0: link state changed to DOWN
Mar 12 17:22:53 kg-fil kernel: nve0: link state changed to UP

This on a K8-NF-9 motherboard. YMMV.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,