openoffice support and other ports

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Fri Jun 30 11:10:19 UTC 2006

> just a small question: how long should it take to compile java?
> so far, my first attempt hung the machine (either javac or rpc.lockd were to
> blame), now it's been trying to compile GenerateCharacter.java for
> some 20 minutes and i don't think much is happening appart from using up cpu

When I neeed to re-compile Java at work I usually set it going around
lunchtime and just leave it. It's done by the next morning, but it's never
finished before I leave work that night - so somewhere between 7 and 22 hours
for me (P2.4 desktop, 15k SCSI though I dont think disc speed matters). Never
measured it precisely though.

But it's not nippy, thats for sure...

-pete.