openoffice support and other ports

O. Hartmann ohartman at uni-mainz.de
Tue Jun 27 09:51:40 UTC 2006

Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:39:54PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
>> Are they really AMD64 ports or do they still need some ia32-compat-tweaks?
>>

> Yes.

All right, for those, like me, who are not as fast as others in sucking
in informations:
This means I do not need the 32-Bit compatibility-crap anymore? This
sounds great and I will immediately go for a new 32 Bit free environment
on my box (need to add here, I use my AMD64 box for more scientific
purposes and therefore a 32 Bit compatibility is not needed so much as
it does for production and server environments).

Oliver