Runaway memory usage on 6.1/amd64

Robert Leftwich freebsd at rtl.fmailbox.com
Thu Jun 15 11:49:07 UTC 2006

Scot Hetzel wrote:

> If you have the cvs repository, you could checkout a 6.1 RC 1 source
> tree and see if that gives you a stable system.
>
> cvs -d /home/ncvs co src -rRELENG_6 -D "2006-04-08 14:42:23 UTC"

Thanks for taking the time to respond, it's much appreciated.

I'm on a tight deadline (made tighter by spending > 30hrs trying different
FreeBSD installs, cvsups, etc), so going back to Beta4 and trying to figure out
where it all went bad is my fall-back position. Currently, everything is running
fine on Ubuntu 6 with no memory problems. Not my first choice, but, it is
working, which is something my first choice is not doing :-7

Thanks again,

Robert