mb recommendation

Andrew Reilly andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org
Tue Jun 6 13:37:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:25:38PM +0400, Yuri Pankov wrote:
> David Reid wrote:
> >At present I have an ABIT AN-8 Ultra MB which features the nVidia nForce
> >4 chipset. Given nVidia's attitude to releasing information and the
> >resultant lack of information/drivers on FreeBSD I've finally decided to
> >change it. Requirements are SATA (ideally with raid) and PCI-e. ATX
> >form. Anyone got any recommendations?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >david
>
> Following URL http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html
> can provide some info on motherboards for amd64 platform.
>
> I'm using Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI. Onboard NForce4 SATA controller is working
> without issues, though RAID functionality is not tested.

What are you using for a network adaptor?  I've never been able
to get the nve driver to work with the nForce4 MCP9 (?) on board
my Gigabyte K8N9(?) motherboard.  I had been happily getting by
with a spare intel 21143 (dc) PCI card until I upgraded to
6.1-STABLE this morning (after about a month away on holidays).
Now I can't get either to work, even though ifconfig seems to be
doing all of the right things.

All of the other on-board things work fine: SATA, FW, memory
etc.

Cheers,

--
Andrew