NFS lockup when copying a "special" file

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Thu Jul 13 21:14:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 22:41 +0200, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> transfering the file from alpha -> i386 works like a charm. If it would
> be a checksumming problem, the transfer to my alpha should work at least
> since on amd64 the checksumming was off, and my 3c905c doesn't support
> hardware checksumming. Or do you think link0 on my router may cause this?

No, I think you have narrowed it down to the amd64 box transmit.  You'll
probably want to take a look at the conversation between the two boxes
with ethereal.

Just to let you know, I successfully xmitted your file to a Linux box
running NFS.  Transferred the file by both TCP and UDP protocol
connections.

FreeBSD triton.mcneil.com 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #19: Tue Jul 11
11:14:51 PDT 2006     root at triton.mcneil.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TRITON
amd64