amd64/99475: Mail attachement was modified

Albert alpha2 at sansha.tatung.com.tw
Fri Jul 7 00:30:29 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR amd64/99475; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Albert <alpha2 at sansha.tatung.com.tw>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/99475: Mail attachement was modified
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 08:22:32 +0800

 I just use FreeBSD 6.1/amd64 SMP to set up a mail server.
 I use the default sendmail.cf, open relay on my own network, and send
 mail via Thunderbird to myself.
 Three type of encoding are used -- big5, iso-2002-jp, iso-8859-1
 The mail content is all okey. (I mean the mail content is unchanged)
 Then I test a mail with attachments -- pdf, ppt, xls, doc, txt, jpg.
 When I receive the mail by pop3, all the attachments became random code
 except text files whatever the encoding is.
 I upgrade sendmail form 8.13.6 to 8.13.7. The results are the same.

 Now I back to FreeBSD 5.5/i386 SMP + sendmail 8.13.6, All works perfect
 as I want.