amd64 vs x86_64

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 18:06:12 PST 2006

Hi;

I wonder if anyone builds gcc without the port: I was building a preliminary
g95 port and after some time trying to find out why "amd64" is not understood
by gcc I found this in the gcc4* ports:

.if ${ARCH} == "amd64"
CONFIGURE_TARGET=	x86_64-portbld-freebsd${OSREL}
.else
CONFIGURE_TARGET=	${ARCH}-portbld-freebsd${OSREL}
.endif

Since this is not part of bsd.port.mk, I guess this is a workaround... so...
where should it be fixed, in configure/autoconf, or renaming the architecture ?

cheers,

    Pedro.