Docs for running 32-bit apps?

Kael Fischer kael.fischer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:27:35 PST 2006

I am having trouble getting 32 bit apps to work too.

Running 6.0-Release amd64 on new Intel SBX82 blades.  The vendor
delivered these without overriding lib32 and it was present in the
build tree but, strangely not installed.  Applications complained that
ld-elf32.so.1 wasn't there.

% cd /usr/src; make install32

'Fixed' that error, but now I get this kind of thing:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libm.so.2" not found, ...
   or
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libstdc++.so.3" not found, ...

Am I missing some big part of the puzzle?  I am coming from a mostly
FreeBSD 4.X environment and libmap.conf (5) is a new idea, so maybe
that is it. /etc/libmap.conf doesn't exist on these systems.  But I
thought this was 'just supposed to work.'

Rgds,
Kael

--
Kael Fischer, Ph.D
DeRisi Lab - Univ. Of California San Francisco