Supermicro H8SSL-i and 5.4-R

Tom bifrost at minions.com
Fri Jan 13 13:13:07 PST 2006

So I bought one of these and I can't install 5.4R on it.

I get about 7/8ths the way through the kernel and it just stops and the
box is frozen from that point on. I tried booting it from CDROM and a
USBFlash that I used to boot/install another box and I get the same
result.

6.0R installs on it, but if you have the watchdog timer on it reboots
itself :) I am not really ready to move anything to 6.0 so it would be
really cool to figure out whats not working.