Any idea of an ETA on nVidia / amd64 driver?

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Thu Jan 12 13:36:56 PST 2006

Been running linux/amd64 on my laptop now for close to a year with great
success, problem is I really don't like the layout or O/S in general; would much
rather have FreeBSD on this thing, but then I lose my graphics and my wireless
LAN drivers :( - WLAN I hear may work though... so that leaves just the graphics
driver; any ideas on an ETA, or even if such a driver is in the workings for
FreeBSD/amd64 ?

Running an nVidia GeForce4 420 Go 32Mb with vbios 04.17.20.43.25, using nvidia
driver version Linux-amd64 1.0-7667 ... will there be any performance issue, or
even the posibility of using the 32-bit (x86) nvidia driver for FreeBSD/x86 on
FreeBSD/amd64, or am I doomed to stick with linux/amd64 unless I go back to
FreeBSD/x86 ?

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com