Problem with Adaptec 2200S on -amd64

Herve Boulouis amon at sockar.homeip.net
Mon Feb 27 02:31:33 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with a recent adaptec 2200S on a supermicro
motherboard + opteron 248. The box is running amd64 6.0-STABLE from mid-january.

After a few hours of activity I get loads of command timeouts messages or
"Warning: controller is no longer running" from the aac driver and I have to
reset the box. The card is using firmware 4.2-0[7349] so my question is :
is this a 64bit problem ? Should I try i386 ?

FYI, older revisions of the firmare (7244) do not work on this box as you
cannot enter the card's bios to configure it. (ctrl+A freezes the boot process)

Regards

--
Herve Boulouis