anyone successfully using an icp-vortex / iir controller?

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 24 12:04:15 PST 2006

V. T. Mueller wrote this message on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:11 +0100:
> Well, what's the plan regarding the iir driver now? I would suspect
> that letting folks rendering their servers unfunctional by upgrading
> memory is not really a good strategy.
>
> The manpage lists two authors/maintainers, I emailed both early this
> week. Achim Leubner will be back from vacation the 27th. So maybe he
> can contribute s/th constructive.

Good lucky with it...  The iir has been a pain for us (my employer
nCircle) for the last two years...  They were completely unhelpful in
finding out the v1.10 of iir.c was necessary to stablize our servers
(it's worse for us since the servers are at customer's sites)..  When
we tried to upgrade from 4.x to 5.4-R we were unable to as the iir card
would go out to lunch never to return (it has multiple commands
outstanding, none would complete)..   Oh, and when we told them 5.4-R,
they were sorry, we don't support anything past 5.2-R on our cards..
so you might as well stop using their cards...

As for driver rewrite.. it's obviously very necessary, and we have
been trying to get one done, but have been unable to find the correct
people to pay that are able to get it done...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579