missing fpresetsticky in ieeefp.h

O. Hartmann ohartman at uni-mainz.de
Thu Feb 2 08:01:14 PST 2006

O. Hartmann schrieb:
> Hello.
> I do not know whether this should be a bug report or not, I will ask
> prior to any further action.
>
> Reading 'man fpresetsticky' show up a man page for FPGETROUND(3) and
> tells me the existence of the fpresetsticky routine.
> Now take a look into <machine/ieeefp.h>, where this function should be
> declared. Nothing, I can not find this routine, it seems to be 'not
> available' on my FreeBSD6.1-PRERELEASE AMD64 (no 32Bit compatibility).
>
> Background is, I try to compile GMT 4.1 and ran into this problem again
> (I reveal this error since FBSD 5.4-PRE also on i386).
>
> If fpresetsticky() isn't available on amd64 anymore, it shouldn't be
> mentioned in the manpage. But it seems to me to be a bug, so somebody
> should confirm this.
>
> Or there is a mistake I do all the time, in that case, you should
> correct me.
>
> Thanks for your patience,
> Oliver
>
> P.S.
> uname -a tells:
> FreeBSD thor.schanze.de 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #36: Wed
> Feb  1 21:26:07 CET 2006
> root at thor.schanze.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/THOR  amd64

Oh, sorry for the noise, I need to correct the i386 issue. On a FreeBSD
6.1-PRERELEASE box GMT 4.1 compiles without a mess, it seems the
fpresetsticky() funtion is only available in anm i386 environment.
Commenting out this on a amd64 box solves the problem, but I doubt this
will be the right way, although there is no such function available on
amd64.