BTX halted trying to boot X4100 from disk

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Wed Dec 6 15:26:02 PST 2006

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 16:17:36 -0500
John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > I have a laptop (runs FreeBSD / i386) which works ok with the
> > internal drive, but refuses to boot from an external (usb) hard
> > drive [1]. I wonder if this fix would help with this problem...
>
> Almost definitely not.

Ok. Any hints on where (and perhaps how) I should report the problem
with my laptop, in order for it useful enough so that anyone could help
me debug it?
I mean, there really isn't much detail to go on yet, and as long as the
machine doesn't boot, I don' t know how get any more debug info out of
it. I wouldn't wabt to file a PR with so this little content.

(I have reported it earlier, on either the -stable otr the -mobile
mailing list, but with this little information nobody responded, which
doesn't surprise me.)
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen