Supermicro H8DA8

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Fri Dec 1 09:20:22 PST 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 08:31, JoaoBR wrote:
> Hi
> there are some rumours out that this board does not boot
> with SCSI onboard and SMP. I am getting some with 265
> dual-core opterons and I am curious if some has it
> running correctly

I believe this answer I just got from Supermicro support
might be interesting for others too:

 >       If you configure the on-board SCSI controller as
NONE HOST RAID then I believe there is not issue install
Free BSD OS. But if you configuration as Host Raid or Add
the AOC-LPZCR1 or 2 Zero Channel Raid card and
configuration as hardware then it may run into problem
issue with kernel image driver for the controller support
open source OS kernel.

I still will post an update soon I get the MB and checked it
out.

--

João