suggestions for SATA RAID cards

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Sun Aug 27 14:19:07 UTC 2006

On 26 Aug 2006 at 23:09, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Dan Langille writes:
>
> > I have never heard of it before.  Looking at their website, are you
> > referring to "3DM2 Management Utility"?
>
> Yes.
> /usr/ports/sysutils/3dm
>
> It listens on port 888
> When it first comes up it allows connections from any interface, but you can
> change it to only allow connections from 127
>
> But make sure you change the passwords right away if you enable it.

Ahh, I have used this software before.... on my Windows workstation,
which has a 3Ware card.

One issue with installation: the port says to try
https://example.org/ but only http worked for me.

But yeah, wow, that is really neat.  I'll have to get some screen
shots and put them on the website.

Thanks.

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php