lang/mono

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 16:24:26 UTC 2006

On 8/19/06, Angel Todorov <attodorov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there any plans to have the Mono port for freebsd-amd64 in the
> near future ? Thanks very much in advance.
>
> P.S: That's what i currently get :
>
> bsdlab# cd /usr/ports/lang/mono
> bsdlab# make install clean
> ===>  mono-1.1.13.6_1 is only for i386, and you are running amd64..
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/mono.

I also tested the build of the lang/mono port on 6.1-STABLE/amd64, and had no problem building it.   I also ran the 'make tests' for the mono port, and they seemed to have passed:

               193 test(s) passed. 0 test(s) did not pass.
               Regression tests: 31 ran, 0 failed in Tests

I then had a look at the configure script and noticed that it doesn't enable the mono debugger for FreeBSD/amd64, I fixed this by patching the configure script, see attachment.

NOTE: 1. This change should be submitted to the mono developers as a patch against configure.in instead of configure.
          2. I haven't tested the mono debugger, so I don't know if it works on FreeBSD/amd64.

I'll submit these patches to PR 95513.

I don't use mono, so this is all I can test right now.  If someone wants further testing, just let what to test it with.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.