migrating architectures?????

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Wed Aug 16 17:18:24 UTC 2006

Has anyone successfully upgraded from  working i386 freebsd system by moving to a amd64 architecture?

I had a few pessimistic replies on the freebsd-questions list to my original posting (see below) and felt that I should at least enquire on this list to see whether I have no option but to reinstall.

Original posting to Freebsd-questions:

.