mb recommendation

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Apr 25 12:00:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:46:41AM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> At present I have an ABIT AN-8 Ultra MB which features the nVidia nForce
> 4 chipset. Given nVidia's attitude to releasing information and the
> resultant lack of information/drivers on FreeBSD I've finally decided to
> change it. Requirements are SATA (ideally with raid) and PCI-e. ATX
> form. Anyone got any recommendations?

Asus A8V-E-SE

Socket 939, PCI-E.

VIA chipset with a SATA pseudo-RAID implementation.

Everything works perfectly (running an Opteron here) with the caveat that
you can't use 4GB of memory.

Every 64-bit OS I have tested crashed with 4GB populated. Up to three GB,
this board is fine.

--
Francois Tigeot