(no subject)

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Apr 11 03:13:56 UTC 2006

'k, I'm finding alot of stuff on Google concerning Linux, that doesn't
help me in the least for this ... checked freebsd list archives too, and
am not finding anything related to resin, and what I am finding generally
seems to point the finger at other ports not being built wrong, vs an obj
file within the same port ...

===>  Building for resin-2.1.17_1
(cd src/c/plugin; make)
for dir in common apache2; do (cd $dir; make); done
cc -c -I/usr/include -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -DNO_IDEA stream.c
stream.c: In function `select_host':
stream.c:1103: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
cc -c -I/usr/include -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -DNO_IDEA registry.c
cc -c -I/usr/include -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -DNO_IDEA config.c
cc -c -I/usr/include -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -DNO_IDEA memory.c
cc -shared -o common.o stream.o registry.o config.o memory.o
/usr/bin/ld: stream.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
stream.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
*** Error code 1

I get the same issue with Resin3 (would rather 3, just figured I'd see if
2 made a difference) ...

----