Sun Fire X4100 now booting from LSI1064 SAS

Matt Jacob mjacob at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 4 18:25:58 UTC 2006

> Well, that's what we[1] paid him for; thanks Matt :)
>
> We're running the CURRENT mpt driver copied back to several RELENG_6
> machines without problems, ranging from 2GB to 10GB, 2 to 4 drives, and
> 2 to 4 cores; they've proved to be stable enough for production use,
> although IO seemed to be somewhat bottlenecked with MySQL and
> gmirror+gstripe based RAID10.
>
> They make lovely general purpose servers, not least because of the
> excellent lights out management, and they of course run Linux fine too,
> which is good for MySQL throughput if nothing else.
>
> Hope to see an mpt MFC before long :)

That's in negotiation with RE right now.

> 1: http://www.newzbin.com/

Not getting this one.

I had some support from Chris Ellsworth in England for this work.
LSI-Logic is having me do mostly target mode fibre channel right now,
and Yahoo is having me look at some of the U320 issues.

Data Domain, my former employer as of yesterday, graciously allowed
me to use their N-Stor and Xyratex SAS/SATA arrays and SuperMicro
systems under the guise of me shaking out the SAS connectivity for
their Linux based product.

I've had lots of good feedback and support from folks, but I don't
get the newzbin reference.