freebsd-5.4-stable panics

Rob Watt rob at hudson-trading.com
Thu Sep 29 13:18:00 PDT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Robert Watson wrote:

> Could you dump the contents of *td and *td->td_proc for me?  I'm quite
> interested to know what the value in td->td_proc->p_state is, among other
> things.  If I could also have you generate a dump of the KSE group
> structures in td->td_proc->p_ksegrps and the threads in
> td->td_proc->p_threads.

I've attached a file with many of the values you have asked for. We
looked at some of the threads referenced by td->td_proc->p_threads, but we
weren't sure we were walking the list correctly. Do you have any tips for
walking those thread lists?

> Could you tell me if the program named by p->p_comm is linked against a
> threading library?  If it's a custom app, you may already know, and if
> not, you can run ldd on the application to see what it is linked against.

The programs named by p->p_comm is linked against the pthreads library.

> Depending on how much time you have available, it might make sense for me
> to grab from you a copy of your source tree, compiled kernel with debug
> symbols, and core dump.

We can upload the source, kernel etc somewhere, but uncompressed that is
about 5G of data. What is the best way to get that to you?

Thanks.

-
Rob Watt