no wine on amd64

Andreas Klemm andreas at freebsd.org
Sun Sep 18 22:05:19 PDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 11:48:12AM -0700, Jeff D. Hamann wrote:

> bobby# cd /usr/ports/emulators/wine
> bobby# make install
> ===> wine-20050830 is only for i386, and you are running amd64
>
> grrrr.......
>
> Any chance of finding an emulator that I can run WinXP/MS Office apps on
> the amd64 machine?

I think my next install of FreeBSD will be i386 on amd for this reason.

Another thing is that my system feels slow. I can't give numbers,
subjective feeling.

But I don't know if this is more amd64 or more 5.4-stable related.

In former times with much slower CPU (PIII 1 GHz) and slower disks
the system was way more responsive under X11/kde even under load.

Especially if I remember back to FreeBSD 4.x.

And when I got my amd mainboard new, I think the system under
5.4 i386 was quicker/more responsive than after reinstall under
amd64 native.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.4