amd64/86080: radeon DRI causes system hang on amd64 using mplayer -vo xv

Lukasz Gryglicki morgothdbma at o2.pl
Tue Sep 13 11:00:40 PDT 2005

>Number:         86080
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       radeon DRI causes system hang on amd64 using mplayer -vo xv
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
      When I use radeon.ko with Xorg with glx and dri enabled: glxinfo gives Direct Rendering Enables: YES. OpenGL applications works fine, but using mplayer 1.0pre5, 1.0pre6, 1.0pre7try2 causes system to hung, my radeon is: GeCube Radeon 9200 SE Game buster
>How-To-Repeat:
      kldload radeon.ko, enable dri and glx in xorg.conf, startx, mplayer -vo xv somefile.avi

      ?